Thursday, August 2, 2007

347 - blablahblah


Alrighty.. today wasn't too bad, really. The morning started out a bit wacky, but it ended up ok.

First thing this morning I went and checked to see if Mr. Possums was still sitting out there on the nest. (Did I write about that last night? I can't recall... before bed last night I went out to see if the possum was ok. I know I wrote that he was, and that there wasn't a 'mommy' with him, but I can't recall if I said what I thought was another fuzzy animal was actually a birds nest that he was sitting in.) Anyway, the little guy must of got down ok. I checked around the bottom of the telephone wire and didn't see any little hurt possum... so I'm thinking he made it down alright.

Made it work, ended up in a few meetings. One was with the mother-ship. *sigh* It's not that I don't want to be involved with whats going on back home.. it's that.. well.. I'd like to freakin' HEAR what's going on. I could only catch like every 3 or four sentences, so I lost most of what was going on. I'm sure that this was something I maybe should have heard most of... but I didn't. So I'll go off of what I did hear and hope it's ok.

I made it home in record time. Grabbed the fam and went to the bank and to grab some stuff at the store. Oh.. cool store thing.. Ever seen those little dvd kiosks? So cool. I never really investigated one before, but while I was waiting for everything to be rung up tonight I took a peek. Not bad! I paid 1.61 for "Crank"... the movie popped out and there we go. (Watching it now btw, lots of derty stuff in it... it's good! heh)

So we ate dinner, I did some work on a methodology thing *snore-snooze* and then Chels told me that she wants to go to Target (argh). So she said she wanted to go by herself. Swore to me she'd make it. meh. I let her go, sure I'd get a call in a while saying she was lost (because seriously, this place is freakin' hell to drive in!) No call.. I was outside on the balcony and she came down the street. Surprised the heck outta me. I thought "sheesh Jenna, real nice being sure your daughter wouldn't be able to make it to Target." she came out to tell me that I need to go with her... she had spent the last hour lost. heh. Poor thing. I was impressed she made it back though. Although the really funny thing was her reaction to me and Ray poking fun at her. *snicker*

But that's really it for the day. Nothing interesting. Nothing amusing. Just blah blah blah.

Sad Texas Observation with a hint of introspection:
There are so many homeless here. And rather than feeling a call to action, some sort of "I should do something" like I always feel when I see animals in need I get really pissed with them. We've all had hard times. Trust me, I think there were times I was just one or two bad days away from *being* them. But honestly. They piss me off. I don't want to give them change, or ciggs, or listen to them babble... I want to tell them to get away from me. I'm embarrassed about it, but I have no plans on changing it.

No comments: