Monday, August 13, 2007

336 - Happy Anniversary To me! (and Ray, and Chels)


Today is our family's second anniversary :) Two years ago today Ray and I got married, and Chelsea got a new step daddy. We all stood up while we got married, because it was our feeling that we all were being joined, so she should be part of it.

The difference between anniversaries now, as opposed to my first marriage is amazing. Before, it was a marking of time... almost a "Sweet dear lord I did this another year? Wtf is wrong with me". Now it's a celebration. A Yay! Only two years! We have SOO many more of them! It's like our relationships birthday.

So, I worked, came home early to celebrate.

I bought Ray Nerf Guns. (two of them) and some ammo. Ok. Guns for an anniversary? Yeah. What a blast! Chels and I ended up going out to get her one too so we could all blast away at each other. This house is perfect for Nerf Gun fights. We had two major skirmishes, no winner really (although I think I'm the winner because I was smart enough to start hoarding all the 'bullets' so the other two were almost ammo-less... all's fair!) We did fun things like shoot them up to the top level of the house, get them stuck, have them fall down and scare the cat. (way fun) I shot a few at the ceiling fan... ended up getting two stuck. We all shot at the fan trying to knock down the stuck ones. Got 4 more stuck. heh. I went and got the huge telescopic pole light changer thingy and knocked them down.

The Roxie cat got lost today. (She does often) She was upstairs crying. She would meow, I'd yell "polo!", then she would meow, and I'd yell "polo!"..... it was quite obvious to the trained Cat person she was playing marco-polo.

My husband, the greatest man ever to walk this earth, bought me an incredibly beautiful silver cuff bracelet. SOOO pretty! It's shiny and pretty and I LOVE it. :) Here's a pretty pretty picture;









Chels and I went to Salvation army. We always went to the one in Nashua, so we were kind of itching to go to the one here to see what it offered. It was actually very nice inside (unlike the one in NH) I bought the nicest bag, Chels got some funky stuff. All was good.

We had another huge Nerf blowout when I got home. Way fun :)

Then we went off to the Firkin and Phoenix for dinner. SO yummy! We had fun. They had a special up on the board called "Nutless Turtle Cheesecake". Of course, we had to ask the waiter how they found all the nutless turtles, and if the process of pulling their little legs apart to check their 'nuts' was difficult. The waiter was great and answered back that they get them from the vets down the street... they just have them neutered before delivery. Far easier than checking. *snicker* Also, prodded by my OH so terrible family, one certain blogger sneakily removed the P from the board. The board said "Pass it Around!" That's not what it said when we left >:D

We came home, watched some cool Japanese game show on G4 (Women Ninja Challenge) and had some Champagne. I always buy us the Champagne we had on our honeymoon. It's my favorite. It (of course) gives me a headache and makes me tired, but it's worth it. I let the kidlett have some as well, since our Anniversary is her celebration too. We all sat on the couch discussing how lucky we are and how happy we are with our little homemade family and then turned in for the night.

It was a really good day :)

No comments: