Saturday, August 4, 2007

346 and 345 - fa la la


Ok.. dont feel like posting much right now, but I found this and it's always been one of my favorite things ever! Had to share!

Cat Herder Commercial! Yes, this is what working in e-business is really like. Well.. maybe cat herding is a wee bit easier.

FRIDAY:

Friday was kinda blah. I was really feeling ill most of the morning and decided it would be in everyones' best interest to stay home and work from here.

I actually got more done than I usually do if I work from home, and I believe more done than I do when I go into work. So it was a productive day for me.

I did take a nap around noon. Woke up feeling a lot better, although not 100%. Problem being that the meds I take aren't fillable here, so I'm out of medication. bleh. I'm sending home my prescriptions and having the ex fill them (it's for me and for Chels) and in the meantime we'll have to make due. I wish my darn check would come so I can send him the cash for it too.. it's gonna be another week or so without them, and unfortunately I want to lay there like a lump without them.

I felt lots better by the end of the day. Funny little thing; We were all sitting here w/our laptops. The TV was off since Ray and I were working and didn't want the distraction. It started to rain, and Ray and I know that when it rains it gets loud in here because of the enormous skylight in the living room. Chels didn't know that.. so I noticed her looking around like "what the heck is that". I pointed up (as she was sitting directly under the skylight) and she said "Oh.. Rug?".

*blink*

Rug on the ceiling?! Well she thought the noise may have been the cat on the rug scratching it (which leads to a stern talking to for the cat). But Ray and I have had all sorts of fun with that. Pointing up and saying in a tard like voice "Ruuug". hehe... amusing for us, but it's bugging the crap out of the kid. Oooh the joys of being a parent.

Friday night we went to Sonic. Ohmygod it's so neat! Ok.. it's a fast food place, but you drive in and park and there's little ordering stations at all the parking spots. You order, they bring it out to you. SOO cool! I had been craving a corn dog (no, I have no freakin' clue why. Never had them until last October when Ray bought me one in Salem Mass, but damn they're yummy!) they have a gazillion different yummy drinks and shakes and slushes n stuff. Yumm!!

We drove from there into town to locate the library, which because we're uber-geeks, we need to know the location of at all times. Looks pretty good. It was closed, but we're going to go back and see about getting a card. Of course if you don't have a tx license, you have to pay $40.00 to get a card... so I'm not sure if we'll pay for the card then eventually get the licenses switched, or if we'll just wait for the switch before we get a card.

The whole license switching thing is a bit odd. I have to do it this month since my registration is due, but bleh. It's going to be super pricey. I'll deal with that next week I'm sure. I had allowed my insurance to lapse since re-upping would mean another 6 months with an insurance co. I'm not happy with. I didn't think it would be a problem, but apparently I can't get my car registered here w/out insurance (no surprise) and I can't get insurance here without a car registered IN Texas. SO... I have to go with my car and insurance in NH, change over the registration, then go to my insurance co and have them change my insurance to TX. Maybe. Could be I need to do it the other way around, but it seems damn near impossible to figure this out. I've called the DMV here about 15billion times, but apparently all DMVs are alike. You cant get the info you need without calling, but they don't actually answer the phone so you're kinda screwed. I swear I need to get a guide to help me with some of this crap.

Then I'll have to figure out the inspection issues. My damn windshield that's gonna cost me upwards of $400 bucks, my damn headlight which is gonna cost me about $200. argh. I had no clue relocating was going to cost me an arm and a leg. Thank goodness the place is paid for or I'd be totally screwed.

SATURDAY:

Saturday was fun :) I went with the blog poll and Chels and I went to Westhiemer to hit all the cool retro/recycled clothing stores. Ohmygod so awesome! Within a one block radius theres 5 places to go. I was kind of lamenting the loss of The Garment District in Boston. That place is so great. Well here there are 5 of them (not quite as large, but very much like it) right next to each other. I ended up buying two pairs of THE coolest retro huge sunglasses. Love'em. Chels bought a few things as well. Unfortunately, as with alot of sunglasses, they make me seasick. argh. Everything makes me freakin' seasick! So both pairs are gonna have to go up on Craigslist. I'm SO sad about that :/

On the way home we stopped at "The magic cauldron", which is a neat Pagan shop. We walked in and the funniest little guy was in there behind the counter. Utterly gay, totally adorable, and very quirky. Chelsea was wearing a skirt she had made that has the Virgin Mary on it. It always amuses me since the face is on the crotch and butt of the skirt. heh. Well the guy seemed to think that was hysterical. He was a constant mass of giggles and laughing. We actually had a fun time with him and Chels was really excited since he said he was looking for a seamstress to help with cloaks and such for the TX Ren Faire. She's going to bring him some samples of her work and see if she can hook up a job there.

We left there and came home. We were actually planning on hitting the trendy little crepe place nearby, but realized it was 5pm and maybe the Hubby would want food too. (damn demanding fella, isn't he?!) So we came home, grabbed the guy and went off to La Mexicana, a nice place on Westheimer. We sat out on their patio and had a great mexican dinner (Mexican, not TexMex which I'm finding simply does not agree with me). The food was great and came in HUGE portions. The outside patio was great. It's covered and surrounded by nice shrubs, so you don't feel like you're almost sitting in the street. We really loved the place. (The inside is, btw, very loud like we're finding most places are here. Odd, but it seems every restaurant we go to is super loud inside. Echo-ey almost.)

We came home and hung out. Nothing major :)

Nice day over all.

No comments: