Wednesday, August 8, 2007

340 - Customer Service Tards


Today was pretty ok. Not amazing, but I seem to be pulling out of my pissy mood. (Not totally - so watch it)

Woke up and did the usual, nothing major. Got to work ok. I'm starting to think that I really would like to have a dress down day at work. heh. People 'dress down' on Fridays... Jeans, but dressed to the nines other than that. I so want a day to walk in with flip flops and a tee shirt. (and a skirt or something... not just flip flops and a shirt. that would be way too dressed down).

*sigh*

Anyway. I had changed my insurance to my new address today. I had to do that so I can register my car here so I can get a license (seems backwards, hm??) Anyway, I got the quote for the change, which was 300 bucks less than what I was paying. I said "Yay!" and accepted the quote. SO.. then I check the payment schedule and it shows that it's $30.00 more per month :/ wtf? So I call Geico and ask what's going on. Apparently if you're in NH you have a year policy, which lowers your monthly payment alot. If you're in Texas, its only a 6 month policy. So my way lower quote isn't way lower, it's only for 6 months. *sigh* Oh well. I got a good policy. Tossed in the extra for car rental and such. Now I have to find out if I can claim my windshield or not.

Anyone at work wanna do me a favor and make sure that someone, anyone, keeps me in the loop as to what's going on? No one tells me anything. Drives me mental.

I got an email from Tigerdirect, the place I had put an order in for a Parallel to USB cable for the printer in the tower (which is antiquated and doesn't hook up to my laptop) it says "the address you gave us doesn't match the address on your billing statement, the order will not be placed until you clear this up" well damnit. The mothership changed the billing info on my credit card and didn't bother telling me (Holy Shocking! not. ) So I tell them the new company address. Then I say, it's either that or my bosses home address. Is it this .....? The guy says;

[Alanto, the Customer Service Tard]"Haw come you don kno yo' billing address, heh?"
[Me] I said "It's my company card, if they changed the address it's because they moved. So I wouldn't know what billing address they chose. So it's either..."
The fucker interrupts me!!!!
[Tard] "What you talk about, eh?! "
[Me] "The card is a company card.. the address could be changed"
[Tard] "Oh ya? Howd da address change wi'out you knowin'?"
[Me]"It's my company card. I don't personally pay the card"
[Tard] "you said it's YOUR card. You sayin' its not YOUR CARD now?"
[Me]"I'm saying it's MY COMPANY CARD!"
[Tard] "I don't understand".
[Me] "You know, I no longer want the cable. Do you have someone there with prior customer service training that I can talk to to ensure my order gets cancelled?"
[Tard] "What you tryin' to say, eh?"
[Me] "I'm saying, you knuckle-dragging-troglodyte, give me to your manager."
[Tard] "*SIGH* Hold on. "

So I get on the phone with the manager (Randy.... you know this is going to be an exercise in dork theater) and tell him I need my order cancelled. He says
[Randy] "Well you don't technically have an order. Can you verify your credit card information? We can't process the order without it."
[Me] "No? Not at all?"
[Randy] "Nope. Can't charge this card without the correct information."
[Me] "Good. Cancel the order. You're not getting that information."
[Randy] "Umm.."
[Me] "Yup."
[Randy] "I guess I'll cancel the order"
[Me] "Thanks Skippy"

I take off across the street and buy a cable at Radio Shack. I'm SOO excited! I have so much crap to print. I pay a ton more than I would have at tiger, but the guy spoke English, so there's a plus. I get back and try and connect it... no go. Doesn't fit. ARGH!!!!

I check online and find that tons of people have written about how you can't use one of those cables with the printer we have. I check HP and find that you have to use a wireless printer thingy to be able to use a computer with no parallel port. DOUBLE ARGH!!!

So I emailed Ben asking him to Ok a $40.00 printer purchase. meh. As if I'll ever get an answer back.

I IM'd with D today (props Boo!) IM'd with my daughters fellah for a few (Sup' DJ Jazzy James!) He went on a job interview today so I wanted to see how it went. He said;

[James]"I'm just waiting for them to get the drug test back"
[me]"Uh oh! They'll find out you eat kittens!"
[James]"LOL - Here comes the fuzz!"
[me]"Well.. if you're eating kittens the fuzz will come... although out of which end I don't know. ew"

heh. *Freakin out the daughters fellah!*

I called my brother. He had kidney surgery and is home for a few weeks. I thought I'd call and see how he's doing. Its odd that after years and years I still miss my big brother. Anyway... I found out that he makes fun of midgets too. Thank god. A family trait I can be proud of!! I told him my wish to someday have a tiny midget walk around with a flat cake plate strapped to their head and yummy birthday cake on top. A cake serving midget. *sigh* It will be mine.. Oh yes... it will be mine.

I drove home, we ate burgers, and now we're about to see Disturbia. :) Yay!

Interesting Houston observation:
Houston is so freakin' vast! Because of that, the buildings/blocks/downtown is so different from say, NY or Boston - Buildings have huge areas around them. Big garden area, fancy impressive entry ways with fountains and such. In other cities I've been in every spare inch is utilized for buildings or parking lots. The sidewalks are skimpy, the streets are narrow, you feel closed in. But in Houston there is plenty of room to spread out. So the streets are pretty wide, the sidewalks are too. OH... and the streets are laid out in a grid. Not like Boston's weird twisty roads. Grids. With lights perfectly timed. My brother said today that he'd been to Houston and thought it was odd. "Seems fake". It does seem fake. I like it :D

No comments: