Tuesday, July 24, 2007

357 - Tell me why..


I don't like Mondays. The alarm didn't work again this morning. What gives!? Is it really so technical that I can't seem to figure this thing out? arg!

I arrived at work late. I ended up parking at that garage a couple of blocks away to avoid the high parking fee. I figure I'll hit the expensive one if it's raining terribly (since it's connected to the tunnels) but I'm done with hoping I won't end up paying every cent I have to park for a few hours.

I got in and had a chance to meet with one of the work girls for a bit to go over a few things, so that was good. Meant some work to do. I also had the pleasure of actually having Internet. Yay!

I've switched jobs here and there before and I know that the beginning of a new place is always frustrating and lonely. All I can do is keep my head down, work, and keep my ears open. I did have a chance to have a quick discussion with someone outside today. Nice girl, unfortunately she's leaving her job at the end of the month to move to Alaska. That's a change of climate, for sure!

Other than that, well... I'm pretty set adrift out here. I don't hear much from back home, can't seem to get some of my emails answered from the NH office, and am really not sure what I'm doing out here work wise. So I'm a bit useless at the moment. I know this will pass, I've been through it before, but honestly it's really making me hate my job at the moment.

The skyline was super pretty today, and having helicopters drive by now and then is pretty interesting. And today I got to see the window washers go up and down. Freaks of nature, these people. I was having heart palpatations just watching them. swinging back and forth 40+ stories above the street... ugh.

The boss comes into town tomorrow. That'll be fun.

In other news... Biddy is having trouble adjusting. She's really kind of depressed and is pulling her fur again. She got ganged up on by the other two today and went into hiding. The guy and I walked around with our flashlights searching for her behind couches and chairs, under things, in closets... we were getting a bit nervous when we finally found her huddled behind the washer. We poked her to get out and I spoke softly to her, but she's just having some difficulty.

Chels will be here in a week or so, then I think Biddy will settle down. Speaking of Chels getting here.... I've asked my boss a few times to get her her ticket, and for some reason I can't seem to get an answer on that. It's kinda driving me nutty. I'd understand no answer if I emailed him and said "What are your thoughts on global warming", but this is kind of important.

meh.

No comments: