Monday, July 30, 2007

350 - back to the grind stone


I forgot a few things yesterday;

Friday:

D sent me some odd post on Craigslist from back home. Some moron was giving away a goat for free because apparently it didn't make a good pet, he felt the goat was retarded, and ate their linoleum. Imagine that. I was compelled to write him a note containing my thoughts on this....

Umm...Dude... Seriously.You bought a farm animal. A farm animal mind you, that is famous for eating tin cans and alike and you are actually shocked it ate random metal thingies and linoleum from your house? Seriously.

It's a goat. They are not intended as 'pets'. Not often have I encountered the little creatures in pet stores wagging their tails for attention. There are very few children's books referencing the bond and love between a boy and his goat. I do not see many Norman Rockwell paintings of boys frolicking in the park with their goat. And really, I would have to assume that teaching a goat to fetch a ball without devouring it would be a task a child may find difficult.

I think it's wonderful that you want to give the little guy to a farm (May I suggest Friendly Farm in Peterborough NH, or Petfinder.com) but I believe the problem we have here is not the diminished mental capacity of the goat, but the not-quite-up-to-snuff mental capacity of the parent.

Good luck with your goat placement.


Ok. Not nice. But duh. Seriously. And yes my husband said I was vicious - and perhaps I am - but poor little goat. Like it's really his fault they mistook him for a dog.

I got a call from the Mother-Ship. It was Friday Wine Hour (which I miss!) and they called on the conference phone to include me. That was wicked sweet guys, thanks :)

Saturday:

I bought neat stuff :) I got a a pretty little white bud vase with pansies for work. (My office is up high and nice, but blaaaaaannnd. My office puts the 'bla' in bland. So I'm trying to find some things that will add something without going crazy. I got two new pairs of shoes. One pair is brown leather sandal high heel thingies, boring, but I needed a brown pair. The other are super cute pumps with a little buckle and those neat new thicker heels. Very cute. (Very painful. They are the devils shoes, I'm sure. Good lord I thought I'd die today) I bought Ray a Jimmy Hendrix tee, and Chels some shorts. I bought myself an Orchid, since I've hinted that I want one for years and never got one. (Had to "by my own hero" ala Jim's Big Ego) And I got a new plant to be the friend of "Alfred" (the plant I bought when I first got here)

Sunday;

Chels, Ray and I went to that Firken and Phoenix pub (I had told you that) but I hadn't really described it much. It was really nice, all dark black wood, a huge bar, and big comfy booths lined with red velvet. Ray and I had fish and chips (SO yummy) and Chels had a hamburger that she said rocked. I had a Grasshopper (which I haven't had in ages) and Ray had a rum runner, which he made me try :P blech! By the end of dinner we ended up having a coaster/paper/stuff fight. Chels got all irritated, but still took part.

Now... on to today.

Work was work. I got stuff done, got sucked into lots of meetings, and wished for death a few times :) Nothing new. heh. Web Girl was a moron as usual. Something amusing? I saw her first thing in the morning. She was wearing some long tank sort of dress. Not bad looking except that its straps were so long that although it wasn't low cut on her, the arm holes were down to her waist (or there abouts) I kept thinking "Not very professional"...well apparently someone must have said something, or she finally got a gander at herself. She tied the straps into little knots on top of her shoulders. Looked like two little puff balls of poop or something sitting on her shoulders. Ok... I'm just bitter I'm sure... but she looked like a boob. OH.. and she told me she's going to Boston for the weekend before going to see the office. She's bringing her son with her. I said "Oh there's so much cool stuff there! You should take him to the Museum of Science, the Aquarium, and Faniuel Hall." She said "I'll look on Expedia and find things to do". *blink* Dumbass... I'm FROM the area! I may know better than Expedia! I swear to god if that girl ever had a lucid, non-boobish thought knocking around in her head I would simply poop a kitten.

I got a great card from Dave, Jan, Jess and Zach. Thanks SO much for that :) It made my day. We got the mail when we were leaving to go pick up some of Chelsea's shipped packages, and I had Chels read it to me in the car. It made us all smile! (by the way, click "comments" at the bottom of an entry, that should open a little pop up box allowing you to leave a comment. You can be 'anonymous' or whatever :) OH.. and Dave, thanks.

We drove to UPS to pick up the packages. I felt pretty good that I made it almost all the way there without needing directions, and I made it all the way back without needing them. Yay :)

We had dinner and now I'm slacking. :)

1 comment:

bymiche said...

Wine hour is definitely not the same without your unique sense of humor. And little people with rotating cake plates haven't been mentioned since you left. We miss you too!!